D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

WE KNOW WHERE WE LIVE AND WORK!!

So the program did something different this year and told CPs ahead of time what their location is, their apartment complex, and their first week schedule. So Lindsey and I got this email on the Thursday before check-in, while in Kansas. We got a 3-bedroom, 6-person apartment in Vista Way (last choice, but hey, no triple occupancy) and we got with all our requested roommates! I'm working at Magic Kingdom, New Fantasyland East attractions. This includes The Little Mermaid (my requested ride), Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Teacups, and Winnie the Pooh. So I probably got my requested attraction YAY! I also found out I had check-in, drug testing, and casting all on Monday, a housing meeting on Wednesday, and Traditions on Saturday at 2:40pm.

Lindsey got placed in Magic Kingdom, Frontierland attractions. This includes Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Country Bears Jamboree. She's terrified of Splash Mountain so she's hoping for one of the other two haha. She had a similar schedule to mine but with Traditions in the morning on Saturday instead of afternoon.

My other roommates locations are as follows: Alyssa is QSFB - ODV (outdoor vending) at Magic Kingdom. Alexa is merchandise at TrenD in Disney Springs. Mariam (Murr-iam) is QSFB at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. And Brooklyn is custodial at Hollywood Studios! We all have Traditions on either Friday or Saturday.

We also received our first few days of training schedule on Monday the 23rd via email. I have "Welcome to Operations D" on Tuesday from 7:30am - 2:00pm and "Once Upon a Time...Is Now!" on Wednesday from 7:15am - 4:00pm. Both of these I have to dress business casual, and the first will likely be lots of sitting and listening, and maybe computer training at Disney University, while the second will be at Magic Kingdom and include an introduction to our park!

That's it for now - SUPER excited I'm in the area I requested!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment