D-Fam

D-Fam

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Week One: Housing, Resort Hopping, & Grocery Shopping

So it has been a pretty uneventful week since check-in and casting, but here's a little update anyway!! Monday was check-in, drug testing, and casting so we're starting with Tuesday.

Tuesday we went shopping for the stuff we needed such as bare minimum groceries, certain kitchen utensils not included with the apartments (such as a cutting board), a bath mat, cleaning supplies, etc. Then Tuesday night we took the bus to the Polynesian Resort and watched the torch lighting ceremony which includes an attractive shirtless dancer from the luau. Also Mariam got her first dole whip!! Then we headed to the Contemporary for dinner at the QSFB restaurant in there, and finally went to the Grand Floridian for Wishes. We took the monorail since these three are the monorail line resorts. At the Grand we watched Wishes from the dock where the boat leaves from, and it was awesome. They pump in the music and you get a pretty great view of the fireworks.

Wednesday we went grocery shopping for everything we forgot on Tuesday, then basically just sat around the apartment because we were so tired from the previous few days!! Nothing very interesting. Oh, and we played Catch Phrase. Oh, and I had my housing meeting!! Almost forgot about that. Basically it's an hour long meeting at the Commons where the housing people tell you the rules of housing. They try make it interesting with a dance party and videos but it's pretty dry.

Today is Thursday and this morning Alexa took me to Progressive, which is the auto insurance of the man I got in a car accident with. Basically I had to meet with them to settle my health bills from the hospital, but the guy helping me (hi Darius) was super nice and helpful. So that should be taken care of and I just have to wait on my car insurance company to call me and tell me whether or not my car is damaged. Hopefully it all works out smoothly!! We have a welcome event tonight we'll go to called Jammin' in the Jungle and they'll have character like Turk and Jane out to meet, so that should be fun!!

Tomorrow is Friday and I still have nothing planned so maybe we'll go to a resort or something. Three of my roommates have Traditions so they'll be out of the apartment but I'm sure we'll find SOMETHING to do! I have Traditions Saturday so until then I'm a bit bored hahaha.

Sorry this is such a boring update, but nothing super exciting has happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment