D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Week Thirty-Eight: Celebrating My BIRTHDAY!

October 9th (Monday): My roommate Martia and I were both off, so we spent a full day in the parks!! We started off at Kona Cafe for breakfast in the Polynesian, and I got the Samoan. It was basically eggs benedict with hash instead of an english muffin. Then we went to Magic Kingdom and rode Buzz Lightyear, PeopleMover, Mine Train, Speedway, and did Philharmagic. Martia and never done Speedway, PeopleMover, Philhar, or Mine Train, so it was a day for trying new things! Then we went to Animal Kingdom and rode Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids (for the first time ever!). It was RIDICULOUSLY hot. After DAK we found a boba place and got bubble tea! It's called Quickly, and it's a delicious chain restaurant.

October 10th (Tuesday): I worked at the Mine Train from 11:15am - 12:15am, so it was a LONG day. Overall it was a good shift, and I pulled a lot of different positions. I pulled grouper twice, a position I hadn't picked up since training, but it went pretty well!!

October 11th (Wednesday): Okay talk about the busiest I've EVER seen Magic Kingdom at night (since late January anyway). We had a 35-minute wait at Barn at 8:30pm!!! It's almost always a walk-on at 8:30pm. We also had a solid 30-minute wait for Dumbo at that time which was just so weird. SO BUSY. Apparently a lot of people who rescheduled because of Irma picked this week to reschedule? Also Wednesdays are Extra Magic Hour nights, but still. So busy. Our FastPass line was down to greeter for a solid hour at Barn. Unfortunately one side of Dumbo kept going down which was a HUGE pain, but I surprisingly had a lot of awesome guests to chat with. Most notably, a trio of older men who were really fun to talk to. I was at the circus from 2:45pm - 1:15am.

October 12th (Thursday): I had a late 5pm - 11:15pm shift. We were back to a nice average/slow day and I was a Barn pretty much the entire shift. Before work I made muffins and did laundry, super thrilling. But work was pretty good! Much better than the day before.

October 13th (Friday): I worked from 9:15am - 8pm and it was a great shift. I pulled ringmaster a few times, and a task, so that's always fun. And around 6:30pm I got to go do area clear, which is checking to make sure people in the park have wristbands for the party. Mostly we just walk in a line, but we do have to turn around a few of the guests who didn't pay for the Halloween Party.

October 14th (Saturday): I was off because IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY!!! Yay!!! I spent the afternoon in Animal Kingdom (my favorite park) with Michaelene, and we got to ride Dinosaur, Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari, and Primeval Whirl. And of course we saw Festival of the Lion King. For lunch we went to Restaurant-o-saurus for kids chicken nuggets BUT they make you get yogurt as a side now!!! So no double fries :'( So Michaelene and I split an adult chicken nugg instead. But that was sad. We also ran into our old circus coworker who is now DAK photopass!


After DAK we went back to Michaelene's house and she did my makeup all pretty, and we met Jenna at Boma for dinner!! SO GOOD. It was also nice to dress up for once.






October 15th (Sunday): I had a nice and easy 2:30pm - 8:45pm at the Mine Train and it was an easy day. The only bad part was that Pirates of the Caribbean went down and their Cast Members told everyone they could use their recovery FP's at Mine Train. Which you can't, the screen will flash blue because those types of FP's exclude Mine Train and Peter Pan. Well since literally every guest had been given the wrong information and came straight for the Mine, our coordinator had us let them all through. And that made our FP line SUPER long. But oh well, it's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment