D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, October 9, 2017

Week Thirty-Seven: First Mine Train Solo Shift & A BUSY Week

October 2nd (Monday): I was lucky enough to get a three-day weekend, so I wrapped that up with Monday! I went to Blizzard Beach with two of my roommates and we did just about everything but the body slides. So tat was a lot of fun, and nice and relaxing. After Blizzard we went to Cast Connections (a discount Disney store for Cast Members) and I bought my sister a birthday gift (shhhh, it's a secret). Then we headed off to Epcot where we did a lot of eating and drinking, and rode Soarin'!



October 3rd (Tuesday): I was at the circus from 10:15am - 9:45pm (but was supposed to be there until 11:15pm, I GOT AN ER FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE!!!!!!). It was a great day of work. We had nice cool (ish) weather with a breeze, and lots of awesome guests. I got to talk with a Swedish family who had a Maren in their family, so really similar name to mine. That was a fun connection. I also had a SUPER cute kid at Barn who got off the ride and was so excited that she runs up to me for a high five. Well I wasn't fast enough with my high five and she was so excited that she just gave me a hug instead. Really adorable, made my day.

October 4th (Wednesday): I worked in the circus from 10am - 8:30pm and it was BUSY. I got to work a nice mix of positions which was nice, but I was stuck at ringmaster when one of the Dumbos broke, and since we were including the play area in our line, a lot of people were inside the tent. Well it sucks when that happens because we start calling people back into line REALLY slowly (due to operating out of one Dumbo instead of two) and people are now waiting in the play area almost twice as long as they were told. Not fun to deal with. Also, we were using the crash kit for a lot of the day (our backup system using paper cards) because our pagers were broken. So basically Dumbo was broken all day.

October 5th (Thursday): I was in the circus from 5:45pm - 12:45am and I GOT TO SEE CASSIE!!!! Cassie is one of my really good spring CP friends who went back to school after her program ended, but she came back to visit this weekend!! She is one of the girls I went to the Florida Keys with. AWESOME to see her again, she was at MK for the Halloween party, so she came and saw me at Dumbo :) Which went down AGAIN. Like always. Luckily it was pretty slow. We also had a new CP accidentally emergency stop Barn instead of just stopping the plane in the station (you have to power down and power back up when that happens which takes forever), so we had to go down for an hour or so. Poor girl, she felt so bad.

October 6th (Friday): I was at the mine from 1:15pm - 12:15am and it was my first shift out of training!! I had a pretty good day, I started off with all easy positions, then picked up some harder ones as the shift went on. We went down for weather for an hour or so, and we went back up I had the pleasure (sarcasm here) of being at merge. Merge is the position that merges together FastPass and standby, and after any kind of downtime (when the ride is down, generally for weather or maintenance) there is a GIANT FP line. And since FP gets first priority, standby takes ages to move. Which makes people really mad. So that was fun to deal with, but oh well. Overall a good shift!

October 7th (Saturday): I was supposed to be in the circus from 10:45am - 10:45pm but called in sick. I changed my medicine brand and think my body just reacted weird because I was nauseous with a pretty bad headache. I slept until NOON so I guess I needed it? Well I spent the day lounging and relaxing and trying to calm down my body haha.

October 8th (Sunday): I worked in the circus from noon to 8:30pm (DREAM SHIFT) and it was SO BUSY. We were posting an hour wait at both Barn and Dumbo and things were nuts. Also it was disgustingly hot with no breeze so everyone was sweaty and cranky. We were almost at park capacity so I guess some people really do recognize Colombus Day and go places for that weekend? Who knew? It was an ADVENTURE at Barn, I started off at grouper where I had a family with a kid too short to ride that was angry they waited in that line to be told "no" (yes, valid reason to be angry, mistakes happen). So I had to deal with that, but luckily my coordinator was up there and could give them some free FP's, and I let them do a rider switch in the station. So I think it ended up okay, but that was pretty crappy. Then I rotated to Barn main panel (the person who pushes the button to lock lap bars and send the plane and stuff) and got the call that we went down for weather. So that was also fun. And I ended my day at merge, AGAIN, right after we went 102 for weather. So another half hour of a giant FP line and angry standby guests. So fun.

It's been a stressful week, but hopefully things will get better as the weather cools down! I'm REALLY looking forward to some cooler days :)



No comments:

Post a Comment