D-Fam

D-Fam

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Week Forty-Five: Treehouse Villa Staycation + Stomach Flu Woes

November 27th (Monday): I worked from 3:45pm - 9:45pm and it was a crazy day. Always the short days are the crazy days. I started off by only shaving one leg in the shower, and not realizing the other leg wasn't smooth until putting my socks on for work, so I shaved the other leg in the sink. Quite the start to a shift, right? Work was pretty awful, I pulled greeter twice (which I HATE because you get yelled at a lot and have to go to merge which I also hate) and we just weren't smooth. A kid peed in a row so we had to call custodial and re-group our rows so people wouldn't sit in those affected rows, but the cast members grouping kept mis-grouping so there was a lot of confusion and inefficiency. I did have two sweet moments though, one was a two-year-old and five-year-old princess both celebrating birthdays, and they were so excited to talk to me and give me high fives!!! I got to see them multiple times and their dad would always say "look girls, it's your friend!" so that was sweet. And we had two little boys, probably about six, walk down the ride exit after they rode chanting "WE ARE MEN! WE ARE MEN!" so that was pretty funny.

November 28th (Tuesday): I worked from 9am - 5:30pm and it was another weird day. I had to be merge by myself (THE WORST) THREE times, as well as FastPass (also a position I don't like) and a couple assist positions. OH and we had this lady that was so rude she made our COORDINATOR cry. Like she was vicious. Apparently she was mad about a miscommunication regarding rider switched, so my coord was explaining to her how it works and she just got pissed and starts (loudly) saying "just get away from me" and I guess it got nastier after I left because my coord ended up crying. THEN we went down like thirty minutes before my bumpout, so what a way to end the shift. The ride went down automatically because one of the intrusion mats (those things that stop the ride if you walk on them, they just looks like mats) went off. People were really nice about it though, I just helped give out FastPasses in the station.

November 29th (Wednesday): Off! Yay! I spent the morning at Epcot with Kasia and we rode Frozen Ever After and Test Track, then checked out Holidays Around the World! I got spring rolls from China, gingerbread gelato/ice cream (idk what honestly) from France, and iced spiced tea from the UK. All pretty good, but I think the ice cream was the winner. We also did the sake bar in Japan which I've always wanted to do! We both got the peach which was really good.


Then we went to Disney Springs and checked out the Christmas tree trail which is so cute, got Starbucks, and really just wandered aimlessly. THEN we went over to Saratoga Springs where our friend Peter booked us all a night in one of their treehouse villas! SO FUN! It was Peter's birthday, Michaelene's birthday, and Kasia's last night (her end date was November 30th), so we got a treehouse to celebrate! It had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room with two pullouts. There were nine of us all together (all circus family), so there were a perfect amount of beds. Peter is adorable so he designed a homemade escape room for us to figure out, so we started the staycation off with an escape room. Then we had dinner (chicken and salad, THANKS PETER!), and went a roasted marshmallows over the hotel campfire. We played outdoor games like cornhole, then settled in for the resort's movie under the stars which was DUMBO! What are the odds?!


We got free popcorn and watched the movie, then went back to our treehouse for more games, and ended with a trip to the hot tub!


November 30th (Thursday): TWO DAYS OFF IN A ROW WHAT. We all woke up around 9am, Peter made us a homemade breakfast of eggs, bacon, and potatoes, and Alex and Caroline went off to work. The rest of us were off, so I went to physical therapy, then we all got back together to go to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. MK we rode the Barnstormer and Dumbo, then got some slushies (I only drank 1/4 because I started to have bad stomach pain). MK was DEAD because the park closed at 4:30pm for a special event.




At studios we saw the Frozen show, got food (except for me because I started to feel dreadful), and got to see the new holiday shows! This includes the light projections on Tower of Terror, the Pixar thingy on the Chinese Theater, and Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! They were all pretty good and there was tons of snow, but by the end I felt awful. I drove Kasia to her hotel and said goodbye (SO SAD) then went home.

December 1st (Friday): I was supposed to work this awesome shift from 2:30pm - 8:30pm but had to call out due to the stomach flu (we think). I also had to call and reschedule physical therapy. I was just in a lot of pain and sat in bed all day, except a trip to the vending machine to get a poweraid. I think I only ate a frozen waffle and some applesauce all day.

December 2nd (Saturday): I was supposed to work from 2:45pm - 11pm but had to call out again for another day of lying in bed with stomach pain. Anytime I ate food I would get these sharp pains, so I had another day of eating basically nothing.

December 3rd (Sunday): I worked from 3:30pm - 12:15am. I felt a little better, but was on and off with the stomach pain. I mostly pulled positions I don't like, but they went smoothly so it was fine. It was also a Christmas party night and I got to see the fireworks which was awesome! Oh and we had this funny family of four who waited in line, got on the ride, had their lap bars checked, and THEN asked if this was a rollercoaster. My coworker says yes, and they say they don't like rollercoasters and all get off. Um what?? You just waited an hour for a ride that you're not going to ride? Crazy. Then I ended my night by going home only to realize our locks were changed and I had the wrong key. So security had to come let me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment