D-Fam

D-Fam

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Week Forty-Eight: Mine Train Fire Alarm + INSANE WEEK

December 18th (Monday): I had physical therapy in the morning, then went straight to Disney Springs to meet up with two of my friends to see the Last Jedi (the new Star Wars movie)!!! We all thought it was really good, kept us on our toes the whole time for sure. When I came into work we were posting 200 minutes, and that's when I knew it was going to be one of THOSE days. We got up to a FOUR hour wait at one point, and it was so crazy that they extended park hours from 11pm to midnight. SO we all got force extended...yippee. Luckily I ended up pulling great positions, so it was okay. Just a stressful work day. I think I worked from 4:30pm - 1:15am?

December 19th (Tuesday): I went to Magic Kingdom in the morning with my circus friends, Peter, Chris, and Alex. We went and saw Hall of Presidents which just reopened, and rode Dumbo and the Mine Train. Then we went and did an escape room, which we failed to escape from, got Freddy's for dinner, and ended our night in Epcot! We got to see Neil Patrick Harris' Candlelight Processional (standing room, but great view), ride Nemo, and see Illuminations from the FP viewing area! It was really good, I'd never seen it from the FP location and it's so much better. Also we got ice cream from Ample Hills on the Boardwalk.



December 20th (Wednesday): I had an awful night's sleep with coughing fits all night, then had the CRAZIEST day of work. My shift was 2:45pm - 1:45am. It was a 180-minute wait when I came in, so we're already really busy, then around 9pm our FIRE ALARM goes off. And granted, sometimes when the fireworks go off and the wind hits just right, this will happen, however, this had never happened to me. So we're doing our thing when all of a sudden the lights come on and our emergency lights start flashing and we just start dumping people through the door. Cycled out the trains and basically kicked everyone out of the line. Of course we had guest recovery, but since it was an emergency, we couldn't hand out fastpasses until after guest relations came (maybe 10 minutes after we dumped?). People were AWFUL though!! Demanding fastpasses as we're getting them out of the building, like they'd rather have a fastpass then get everyone out safely. It's ridiculous. The second we all leave we're bombarded, not even a second to breathe. Luckily there was no fire, and after guest relations came, the worst guests left, and everyone else was pretty understanding. What sucked though, was when we were resetting, everything kept going wrong and we'd have to start over. My coworker had to walk the track and reset the ride FIVE times. So we were down from about 9:20pm - 1am (close). Terrible timing, because the extra magic hours guests didn't get to ride at all during EMH. So yep that day was nuts. On the bright side we hit a near record for guests riding in an hour so EFFICIENCY! YAY!

December 21st (Thursday): I had a rough start to my day, trying to do laundry only to find out the card reader was broken, then I locked myself out of my apartment, and had to wear a dirty costume to work. But luckily work went really well because I never had to go outside or go to merge! YAY! BLESSINGS! It was also an 2:15pm - 8:15pm day. Also the card reader was back up and working that night so I got to do laundry.

December 22nd (Friday): I worked from 10:45am - 7:15pm and I started my day by pulling tower, then pulling tower again after rotation came, so that was a great start. The only time I pulled an outdoor position was during the Christmas party when I got FP, so that was super easy! It was our last Christmas party of the year, so it was fun to be able to work it. Also I took the wrong bus and was late to work by two minutes, but my coordinator fixed it so I didn't get penalized :) THANKS BRANDON!

December 23rd (Saturday): It was the day after Martia's 24th birthday, so I took her out to First Watch for breakfast. It was super busy but we got seated immediately because they had a party of two no show. Also during breakfast we booked our cruise excursion in the Bahamas which is going to be ATLANTIS!! That super cool water park resort thing. So excited. After breakfast we went home and started packing/throwing away stuff, because we move out in just over a week. Felt good to at least start organizing. Work is a bit of a blur, but I know it was insane because we had (allegedly) 82,000 guests in the park. I worked from 4:45pm - 1:14am and I closed station assist and got to join my coworker on our nighttime ride through! Fun end to the night!!


December 24th (Sunday): CHRISTMAS EVE! I had a really easy 2:30pm - 8:30pm shift and I had good positions but the day DRAGGED on. We had another busy day, posting 240 minutes at one point. Also we had a LOT of international guests with a language barrier, so it was a little less efficient than usual. After work I went home and changed, then picked Martia up from work and we went on a hunt for a Christmas Eve church service!! Well the church I found was dark when we showed up at 10:45pm for their 11pm service, so I might have made a mistake somewhere. So we drove 40 minutes both ways to Winter Garden to basically drive around and see Christmas lights. So not a complete waste, but quite embarrassing hahaha. Then we went home and ate food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment