D-Fam

D-Fam

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Week Forty-Seven: 77K in Magic Kingdom + Rough Week for Positions

December 11th (Monday): I had a crazy (but awesome) day off with my friend Jennifer! We had one day to do three parks, so we started at Hollywood Studios where we were able to do Rockin' Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, and Frozen Sing-A-Long all before 12:30pm. Then we went to Epcot where we got a DELICIOUS caramel filled salted pretzel with vanilla ice cream, rode Test Track, and Living with the Land. Then off to Magic Kingdom where we rode Mine Train, Dumbo, Space Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, Big Thunder Mountain, the People Mover, and maybe one or two others that I'm forgetting. We lined up at 8pm for 9pm fireworks, Jen saving our spot and me getting us Starbucks. Well it was about 50 degrees out, so the line for Starbucks was FORTY MINUTES LONG. Yes, I waited. Yes, I knew it would be long. There is no shame. But it worked out perfectly because I got back to our spot with ten minutes to spare, and our area wasn't too full so I had no problem finding her!

December 12th (Tuesday): I worked from 11:45am - 11:45pm, my first 12-hour shift in SO LONG. It was awful because our wait time kept posting 40-60 minutes when it was actually 120. We kept calling and changing it, but it would change back, which was dreadful. Because ANGRY guests. I also pulled two of my least favorite positions THREE times. Thankfully I ended in tower, so a nice way to end the night.

December 13th (Wednesday): We were doing really well with FastPass until like 2pm, then it got crazy backed up. Naturally I had to be out at FP, a position I absolutely hate, just in time for the mob to come. Yippee. I ended the shift at unload assist, a mostly useless position that just waves and tells people where to exit. So easy end to the day! I had an easy 9:30am - 3:30pm shift.

December 14th (Thursday): I worked from 7:30am - 4pm, and put in for an ER I was convinced I was going to get (because they normally give out like three ERs at least and I was second in line), but didn't get one. Of course I didn't pack a lunch because I thought I would get my ER, so jokes on me. I pulled FP twice (I know, rough week for me on positions), and merge once. We started out with great staffing, so that was nice, but it got crazy real quick.

December 15th (Friday): I started my day off with physical therapy, and treated myself to a papaya boba tea on the way home. I worked from 2:45pm - midnight and I pulled FP twice AGAIN but it was fine because it was a Christmas party where there is minimal FPs. When I was at FP I had a family who got evacuated off Peter Pan's Flight and were having trouble with their recovery FPs, so I accommodated them, and they were super grateful. It's just really nice to know that some people appreciate you when you do nice things for them. They were super sweet and I could tell it was an honest mistake, so I let them through and let them keep their recovery FPs, and they thanked me multiple times and made sure they knew my name and everything, so that was incredibly sweet :) I also had lots of fun working with one of my coworkers, who was in a really good mood. He's the kind of guy that people either tweet about because he's so good, or take to guest relations because he's so bad. Like, he's SUPER animated and dramatic, so when he's in a good mood he's TONS of fun, but he can be SO rude when he's in a bad mood. So he was in a good mood and we had lots of fun with the guests!

December 16th (Saturday): IT WAS SO BUSY. We had 77,000 people in the park today which was NUTS, and pretty close to our park capacity. My shift was 5pm - 1am, and we had a FP line out the door and around the corner basically the whole day. At one point our standby line was 3.5 hours. Yeah, awful. So that was a JOY, but for the most part my shift went well. We had lots of trainers and coordinators helping us out with efficiency, so we were moving the line the best we POSSIBLY could, which felt nice. I love efficiency haha.

December 17th (Sunday): I was off! Yay!! I went to Magic Kingdom in the morning to meet up with my old roommate, Alyssa (AHHHHHH!), and we got to ride Space Mountain with a FP my leader was kind enough to give to us!


Unfortunately that was really all we were able to do, because I had to go meet my second cousins for lunch! Which was also really nice. We went to Columbia Harbor House and I got to catch up with them (who I haven't seen in years), so that's cool. After that I went to Epcot and got snacks from Japan, walked the World Showcase, and waited in line (for 1.5 hours) for the Candlelight Processional! Trace Adkins was the celebrity narrator, and it was beautiful as always. Then I went home and now I'm here writing this!



Also I only have 2.5 weeks left of work and that's insane. Where has time gone?! AND my roomie Martia and I booked a cruise to the Bahamas!!! So excited. It's January 8 - January 12 and we're so pumped. $360 including taxes through Royal Caribbean for a 4-night, 5-day cruise. WOOOOOO! Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment