D-Fam

D-Fam

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Week Forty-Six: MORE VISITORS!

Surprise, surprise, I had another full week of strictly mine train.

December 4th (Monday): So we had SEVENTY of Dan Cockerell's (Magic Kingdom Vice President) colleagues ride the mine train through FastPass, so that was absolute nuts for a while. Work itself was pretty good, I had a solid mix of positions but was still feeling a little under the weather from the stomach flu. On the bus ride home I actually thought I was going to throw up, but luckily I was able to keep it together. Also one of my coworkers came and visited on her day off, so here's a candid she got of me at work haha:


December 5th (Tuesday): It was my day off, but nausea woke me up at 6:45am and I spent the morning throwing up. After FIVE days of this weird stomach bug not making me sick, I threw up on the last day of it. But I did feel better afterward. I also went to physical therapy, I didn't want to call and cancel because I had done that on Friday...probably should have but oh well. I was too scared of throwing up to eat all day, so I had Gatorade and two bowls of applesauce to last me the entire day.

December 6th (Wednesday): It was a struggle of a day. We kept having issues with crying/screaming kids refusing to ride, guests too large to fit in the ride, and all sorts of mayhem that killed our efficiency. And when that happens, we end up with a 2-hour wait. Joy. I did get an ER though, so that's a plus ;) I know I should be keeping my hours since I'm poor, but let's be real here, I'm weak. They offer me an ER and I'm like yes ok can I leave now.

December 7th (Thursday): Another weak day with me taking another ER. Whoops. I was supposed to work 7:30am - 4pm, but ended up going home at 11:30am. Awesome for me, awful for my paycheck. Work was easy, I pulled positions I don't really like, but since it was the morning it was easy. The later the day gets, the crankier people are, and the more $&!* they try pull on you. In the afternoon I completed a job application for when I come home from Disney, then at night I went to Disney Springs to meet up with a friend from my spring program! She came down to visit, so we hit up Blaze pizza, ate ice cream, and walked the Christmas tree trail.


December 8th (Friday): I had PT in the morning, then went to MK in the afternoon with my circus friends! Cassie and Gerri from my spring program were both visiting, so it was fun to hangout with them. We rode Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Dumbo, Barnstormer, and Buzz Lightyear.




Then I went off to work (a super easy 7:15pm - 1:15am) where we were short-staffed. But it was a party night, so it was easy. Also I had to walk all the way to City Hall to turn in $2. That's a solid 10-minute walk, but because someone left TWO DOLLARS behind. But exercise, right?

December 9th (Saturday): I spent the afternoon at Universal with my circus crew again and we rode Forbidden Journey (castle ride), Spiderman, and Mummy. We also saw Merry Grinchmas, a stage show version of Jim Carrey's How the Grinch Stole Christmas.


I left early and picked up my friend, Jennifer, from the airport! She came and visited me for the weekend :') We went and checked in to Caribbean Beach Resort, then went to Disney Springs for dinner. We were trying to get a sit-down restaurant but everything had AT LEAST an hour and a half wait. T-Rex was actually almost three hours. And it was 8pm! Crazy!! So we ended up doing Earl of Sandwich and getting Starbucks. We also walked the Christmas tree trail. Then back to the hotel where we watched Star Wars!


December 10th (Sunday): I only had one comp ticket left, so Jen bought a one-day ticket for Animal Kingdom which was used on Sunday, saving my comp for Monday. We got FastPass for Everest (twice), Dinosaur, and Kilimanjaro Safari. We also watched Festival of the Lion King, ate at Pandora, and got Starbucks (twice). We ended the night at Pandora, waiting only 40-minutes for Flight of Passage when the wait time said 140. Wooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment