D-Fam

D-Fam

Monday, May 29, 2017

Fall DCP Extension Applications!

Crazy how time flies, am I right?! Fall extension apps dropped this morning (Monday, May 29th) and they were pretty much identical to the app for summer extensions. You still had to rank your top five roles, fill out basic info, and write WHY you wanted to extend. My role choices went as follows:

1. Same role, new location (reminder: I'm attractions)
2. PhotoPass Photographer
3. Seater
4. Same role, same location (Storybook Circus attractions but I would also get to cross train at either Mine Train or Mermaid)
5. Character Attendant

I also requested Festival of the Lion King or Soarin' as my new attraction in my blurb of why I wanted to extend (at the very end as a side note). The following roles were available to choose from:

  • Same role, same location
  • Same role, new location
  • Attractions
  • Bell Services
  • Bus Greeter
  • Character Attendant
  • Costuming
  • Custodial
  • Housekeeping
  • Lifeguard
  • Merchandise
  • PhotoPass Photographer
  • Quick-Service Food & Beverage
  • Recreation
  • Seater
  • Watercraft
Also we could have a new end date of either November 30th OR January 4th, and those end dates will be decided after you get your offer. The start date for the extension is July 30th. To be eligible for an extension you can't have more than one reprimand, and no more than five attendance points in the past six months. To be considered for same role, same location the same thing applies but with 9.5 points instead of five. You also have to pay a $150 nonrefundable fee for your extension as well as a renewal fee for your parking decal if you have a car (I think it's like $25 or something). Preference is given (according to the email) to those who achieve the highest volume and consistency of hours worked, as well as participants who select to stay in same role/same location.

I think that sums up my extension application experience. Now the waiting game begins!! I think last time it took roughly three weeks for me to hear back.

No comments:

Post a Comment