D-Fam

D-Fam

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Week Eighteen: GOODBYE VISTA, HELLO CHATHAM!!

Talk about a crazy week!!! But a pretty good one :)

May 22nd (Monday): We had thunderstorms in the afternoon so we went weather 101 TWICE and I got to literally do nothing for the last hour and a half of my shift which was FANTASTIC. Such a good day. Luckily for us, the lightening wouldn't leave the area so we couldn't operate our attractions! Also Snooki was at MK and apparently rode Dumbo which is kind of funny. I worked 11am - 8:45pm.

May 23rd (Tuesday): I GOT TO MOVE OUT OF VISTA HALLELUJAH!!!! It's no secret I was no fan of living at Vista Way, and let me tell you when I walked into my new apartment at Chatham, I wanted to cry happy tears. We're in a 6-person, 3-bedroom apartment on the third floor of building six! Pretty close to the bus stop and super close to laundry, mail, and trash! Yay! Only bummer is that we only have one fridge between the six of us...but anyway my thighs were on fire for three days because I climbed 65 flights of stairs carrying all of my crap up to the third story (there are no elevators). Here's my half of my room:



May 24th (Wednesday): I got an ER for once in my life, which was super nice. We also went weather 101 again for about an hour (yay!) and I spent the ENTIRE shift at Dumbo B. Didn't touch A side OR Barn the entire nine hours. Also we had a super angry old man on Dumbo because he was across the ride from his family (even thought it's first come, first serve and not assigned elephants) so that was just peachy. I worked 11am - 9:15pm.

May 25th (Thursday): I went to the grocery store before work to get a few things I forgot on my previous trip, and my new apartment is only five minutes from Publix which is SO nice. My shift was good, I only got yelled at one time in Portuguese by a really angry Brazilian family, and I worked from 4pm - 11:45pm.

May 26th (Friday): It's getting SUPER hot out, and there wasn't even a little bit of cloud cover to shield the run, so I spent the day sweating. My shift was 2:45pm - 11:45pm. On the bright side though, I got to spend the majority of my shift at Barn, which never really happens.

May 27th (Saturday): Opening day for Pandora! Animal Kingdom actually hit park capacity in EARLY MORNING EXTRA MAGIC HOURS which is unheard of, so RIP Pandora Cast Members. The wait times were 150 and 300 minutes for the two new rides. Ew. I worked from 2:45pm - 12:45am, coming in an hour early and leaving an hour late because park hours got extended an hour in the morning and at night. At work I smelled burning and called in a light that was causing some brush to smoulder, so I got a four keys card for helping prevent a fire, which was nice recognition! My leader actually called me out at our nightly meeting thing to recognize me, which felt great. Also it was two of my coworkers last days at circus so we took pictures in costume! They're going to Hollywood Studios (either Great Movie Ride or Frozen Sing-A-Long) and Adventureland (Aladdin/Tiki Room/Treehouse). I'll show you our closing circus fam below <3




May 28th (Sunday): My shift was SO HOT TODAY OMG I MELTED but besides that it was a great shift!! I had some really fun family interactions, and my coordinator was actually watching me (I had no idea) have a high five war with two kids, and gave me four keys card for awesome guest interactions! So I've gotten two four keys cards in two days which is kind of awesome. I worked from 10am - 8:15pm which is a pretty nice shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment