D-Fam

D-Fam

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Week Sixteen: Montana Wedding + Train Bathroom Overflow

This week was such an interesting week!! Mostly in a good way.

May 8th (Monday): I worked from 11:30am - 9:30pm and it was just kind of a klutz day. On the way to work there were a bunch of cones out and this trucker could NOT figure out how to drive around them so he kept just running them completely over, which just looked kind of funny. Then at work my costume got caught on a doorway and ripped on the back, so that was just awesome. We had a super cute little girl come up to my coworker Beatrice and I, and keep giving us hugs because she loves hugs, so that was adorable. Also, right next to Barnstormer there is a train station where the train picks up and leaves from, and it's connected to a bathroom. WELL the bathroom had a leakage issue where the train station actually got flooded and every time someone flushed or washed their hands, they would pump more liquid into the station. SO the bathroom AND the train station were closed for a few hours on Monday which sucked. Because then we had to point guests kind of far away for the bathroom.

May 9th (Tuesday): I worked from 2pm - 10:15pm and it was a busy day! In the morning I went to Kona Cafe with my roommates (YUM!) for our last big roomie meal :'( The food is pretty tasty and Hawaiian inspired, so that's awesome (it's right next to 'Ohana at the Polynesian Resort). Our waitress was awesome so we wrote her an applausogram which recognizes hardworking Cast Members! After breakfast I went to the mall to make an exchange for an upcoming wedding gift, then went straight to work! At work I got to be in a farewell Wishes video created by Disney's PhotoPass so that was super cool! They just took a video of me saying thank you and a little note for Wishes. On a weird note we had these two guests wiping down their armpits on the middle of their Dumbo ride with those cool pack things you wear around your necks and it made me start giggling in the middle of my spiel. And sadly it was last day of the CP's who extended their programs from fall :'( It was kind of funny though because it was Xavier's last day and in the last ten minutes of his last shift he got to E-stop at Barnstormer, which rarely happens.

May 10th (Wednesday): I worked another mid shift from 10:30am - 9:15pm. Wait times were super short all day long, hovering around 15-20 minutes which is a nice change of pace. We did have this unfortunate bit of the day where Dumbo B was down due to an unusual noise, and as soon as they were up and running again, I had to E-stop A side for an unusual noise. So we were out one side for a good half hour at Dumbo which cuts our efficiency in half.

May 11th (Thursday) - May 14th (Sunday): I got to go to the airport, leaving my apartment at 4:45am for a wedding in Montana!! The wedding was Friday, and it was a beautiful country chic wedding.




And on my way back to Orlando from Montana I had an awesome 36ish hour layover in Seattle so I got to hangout with my family. Luckily I got all the days off I needed, so I was off from Thursday through Monday. My flight left Seattle at 9:35pm on Sunday and landed in Orlando about 6am on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment