D-Fam

D-Fam

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Week Fifteen: Emergency Stopping & A Four Keys Card

It was a crazy week with weird ups and downs!!

May 1st (Monday): I worked from 10:15am - 9:15pm and had a busy busy day!! First off, when I was main panel at Barn I had an alarm go off because one of the brakes failed, so that was fun to deal with while guests were in the station and on the plane. Luckily I called a coordinator and she knew what to do (all I had to do was cycle the dispatch inhibit button, not that means anything to most of you). I had a super cute little girl who had my same hair color and was wearing her hair in a braid (like me) come up tell me we had the same hair and she was super excited about it and it was adorable. ALSO I got a four keys card!!! I helped my coordinator make a magical moment for an awesome family so my coordinator wrote me a four keys card :) For those who don't know, a four keys card recognizes a cast member who did something above and beyond. After work we had Starlit Splash which is the big spring housing event at Typhoon Lagoon, and there was a bus leaving from MK so I went on a hunt to find it. Since it was a CP event I wasn't sure if the bus would be at the bus loop or at West Clock so I changed and walked ALL THE WAY to the bus loop before realizing the bus was actually at West Clock and I had to pick a random tunnels entrance to go down and find my way back to West Clock. THEN it took 45 minutes for a bus to come to take us to Typhoon. The event had free food, a DJ, free shirts, and the slides/pools open. Basically Corey and I sat in the lazy river with his friend Xander from Norway for an hour.


May 2nd (Tuesday): Day off! Alyssa and I went to Epcot in the morning/afternoon and rode Soarin', Nemo, Test Track, the ride in the Mexico pavilion, and Spaceship Earth. Also it poured down rain.


Then we got lunch at Nine Dragons in China, which was super tasty. I got potstickers (SO GOOD), spring rolls, and fried rice. After Epcot we went to MK and rode Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, People Mover, Pooh, Teacups, and watched Philharmagic. Wait times were super short which was awesome (Space was only 35 minutes!!). Then at night we watched Wishes and cried.




May 3rd (Wednesday): Off again! I went to Cocoa Beach with Alexa and it was really nice. We brought a cooler with some fruity beer things and a bottle of wine and sunbathed then swam a bit in the ocean! We were there for four hours or so, and I got burnt. Like always. On our way back to the car we saw a man wearing a see-through mesh white speedo. So that was unfortunate.




Before heading home we stopped by Oasis for shaved ice, got Acai/Pitaya bowls, then got thai food for dinner in downtown Orlando.


May 4th (Thursday): I worked from 4:45pm - 11-:45pm and honestly couldn't tell you a single thing about work that day. Short lil baby shift that apparently was uneventful.

May 5th (Friday): I worked from 3:30pm - 11:45pm and had the joy of using the emergency stop for the first time! We ride stop/station stop all the time which is where you stop the ride without shutting the whole thing down, but in times of emergency we have to push the big red button which requires us to go 101 (go down) until maintenance and a coordinator clears us to power down/power back up again and load guests. So in my case there was a loud, unusual noise, so I E-stopped, powered down, called maintenance and a coordinator, then powered back up after maintenance cleared us. Thankfully the guests were super cool about it, but it was super stressful. Other than that it was a good day :)

May 6th (Saturday): I worked from 3:30pm - 11:45pm and it was an okay day. Dumbo B was a disaster, there's a huge list written up at all our break room locations of all the things going wrong at Dumbo B that have been cleared by maintenance. So it was making weird noises all day, and only 14/16 elephants could be loaded. We also went 101 two times within like 90 minutes of each other which really sucks. Also it was my FAVORITE coordinator, Beth's last day :( She's going over to maintenance for an apprenticeship (I think that's the appropriate terminology?) but we're really going to miss her.

May 7th (Sunday): For ONCE IN OUR LIVES, Alyssa and I basically had the same shift! SO WE GOT TO CARPOOL!!! So exciting ;) But yeah, I worked from 11am - 9:15pm and it was a pretty good day. I had a super weird guest situation where we had five guests throw a fit when their dumbos weren't all in a row (even though it's first-come, first-served) and we had to put them on the next flight. The reason they wanted all in a row is because they HIRED A PHOTOGRAPHER to follow them around Disney World and apparently needed photographic evidence of all rides because memories aren't good enough.

This is a short week because I'll be in Montana for a wedding Thursday - Sunday and come home at 5:30am on Monday morning. Luckily I got all the days off (Thursday - Monday) but that means I have a four-day work week this week. Funny because I still got 37 hours with just four shifts when some people don't even get that with five hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment