D-Fam

D-Fam

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Week Seventeen: Bye Bye Roomies (Tears For DAYS)

This was the week my roommates all finished up our program and went home! Super sad because I love them all dearly.

May 15th (Monday): My plane landed just before 6am, so I after I got back to my car and drove home I got home at 7am. I went back to bed and slept until 12:30 in the afternoon, did laundry, and sat in bed. Super thrilling.

May 16th (Tuesday): I worked from 4:45pm - 10:45pm and it was a super easy lil baby shift. Also uneventful. After work we got to go to the Philharmagic theater in full costume and watch Moana which was super cool!! They had free popcorn, granola bars, cookies, and soda. Thanks to the Fanland managers and coordinators for putting that on!


May 17th (Wednesday): I worked from 3:45pm - 11:15pm but got up to go to MK around 10am with Alyssa and Alexa. It was quite the stress fest because Alexa got kicked out of the system a day early (her leaders put her separation date as the 17th when it should have been the 19th at the earliest). Basically they wouldn't let her into the park because her pass was blocked due to crappy leaders. Alyssa pulled one of her free guest passes to get Alexa into the park, but that was unfortunate. Well we rode Dumbo, Space Mountain, Mine Train (twice), Splash Mountain, Philharmagic, Small World, and Haunted Mansion.



I had to go to work, and Alyssa wasn't coming to the apartment so I had to say goodbye to her outside the Philharmagic theater and both Alexa and Alyssa started tearing up. I just about lost it, going to miss them all so so much!!!! Well at work I had a really cute little girl ask to take a photo with me because they're doing a circus project at school and she liked my circus costume :') After work I went home and said goodbye to Brooklyn because her flight left really early Thursday morning.

May 18th (Thursday): I worked from 4:45pm - 10:45pm, but got up early to say goodbye to Alexa (more tears) and take Mariam to thai food then to the airport. So sad saying goodbye to everyone!!!! Work was nothing special, and after work I went to Target for a midnight grocery run and shopping haul. Then I came home to an empty apartment and cried.

May 19th (Friday): I worked from 12:15pm - 10:45pm and had an AWESOME day at Dumbo B with my coworker Jasmine! We were hitting our dispatch intervals (the time we're supposed to take to unload and load guests) and being super efficient which was great. It poured down rain for a bit of the day so it was crazy humid and muggy, but besides that it was a pretty good day! I also had a little kid who thought I was in my 30's which was hilarious (I'm 22). OH and this nut case of a mom rode Barnstormer like 10 times over with her daughter because there was no line, and once we had a line so the people couldn't ride again, SHE HOPPED IN WITH ANOTHER GUEST'S CHILD. Like she stuck her kid with a solo riding dad, and she rode with a solo riding child. She asked first but it was so awkward. I made sure the kid's dad was okay with it and he thought it was hilarious so it was fine, but like lady what's wrong with you??

May 20th (Saturday): I worked from 3:45pm - 11:45pm and we had free cupcakes from Gaston's Tavern in the break room! Woo! Work itself was pretty good, I got to watch Happily Ever After, the new fireworks show, from Dumbo B where the audio is really good, so that was a nice end to the night! It was super humid again so I was sweating BULLETS but I guess that's Florida summers for ya!

May 21st (Sunday): I was off today and spent the whole day packing. I did laundry, packed up most of my stuff, and put about half of it in my car. I kept all the liquids and foods inside since it's been so hot, but packed my clothes and stuff inside my car. I also ran to Walmart and Whole Foods to pick up a few things I forgot on my Target run! Then I cleaned and vacuumed the apartment and am ending the night in bed, working on vlogs and blogs.

This upcoming week is pretty good with about 43 hours, and 48 hours next week. Thunderstorms are all over the forecasts so we'll see what happens with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment